Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 1 (Part 1): Hong Kong beckons!

The day has finally come for our Hong Kong trip which was planned a year ago! As the clock continues ticking, so is our wedding date approaching. There was no time left for lipo suction or expert weight management, all thanks to my firm which has been making sure I spend every moment of my life either doing the following:
  1. Working
  2. Sleeping
  3. Eating
  4. Shitting
  5. Watching the rare occasional movie

Ha, so what is left is just for me to work hard on breathing in and sucking in my tummy and whatever fats that I try so hard to conceal. Not to forget, about 2 weeks before our trip, I have been discipling myself to daily push ups, the occasional jog that I manage to squeeze in between work and squats.

With the to do list slowly but surely being cleared off, Hong Kong here we come!

This time round when I was checking in at the airport, it dawned on me that I have been back in Singapore for 1+ year. Checking in at the terminal never felt the same. This time round and for the near future, home would always be at most a couple of weeks away, unlike before when I was working in Melbourne, where I would only be back home half or 1 year later.

Boarded the morning plane, which was a tad disappointing cause I thought I was going to sit in the new A380 SQ plane, only to realise mine was still a Boeing B777! BOO! :'(

No worries, the land of yum cha, desserts and dai pai tong beckons! Egg tart, char siew bao, har gao, I am coming for you! ;)
4 hours later, with the efficiency of the Hong Kong Airport Express and courtesy of a friendly Hong Konger who showed us the way to our hotel, we arrived at our place of abode for the week!



Tadah! Honestly, this is the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in! There is only enough space to place 2 twin beds, which they pathetically have to join together due to space constraints! TV was mounted on the wall and the window is as wide as 1.5 times my size.


The view from our hotel room. Honestly, Hong Kong is an architect's land. With the limited land area, buildings spring up in every inch of free space that can be found. It is a packed city with very small space area.

The itinery for the day is to go for my gown fitting at Kowloon Tong. When we were at the MRT station, I was the navigator. The moment Kowloon station caught my eye, I zoomed in on that. When we went out of the station, oh man, the station is sort of like a mix of Paragon shopping centre + East Coast condominums + Tanjong Pagar office buildings. We went walking around the shopping centre and grabbing a bite so we could let our stomachs expand prior to gown fitting. This is a strategy to not be tormented by super mini sized gowns that make me look good but torment me within. Tsk tsk.
An hour passed and there we were trying to find our way to MRT Exit F as instructed by the bridal personnel when.....


Kowloon station does not equal Kowloon TONG station! Check it out! Oh man! What a noob! Who would have thought Hong Kong will be so bobo to name 2 stations with such similar names! Do you see the MRT in Singapore naming their station 'Simei' and 'Simei Goon'? Totally ridiculous!
So off we went into a mad rush to get to Kowloon Tong as the bridal personnel was waiting patiently for us at the designated time. Very professional people I would say. When we finally arrived about 30mins later, they were still all smiley and friendly. Haha, maybe they have been cursing and swearing behind us prior to our arrival. But whatever! I am a tourist! I am entitled to get lost! Bleah!

With that, off we went, to embark on the journey to discovering Singapore's next Top Bride. Haha.

Till then, stay tuned folks! ;p

No comments: