Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 1 (Part 2): Gown fitting

After the noob MRT incident, we were off to the bridal studio to have me fitted with some gowns for our wedding shoot on wednesday. Prior to this, I didn't think much about the shoot and the whole wedding thing. I guess I was just excited to be able to take a break from work and head off to Ocean Park for some fun. Not to say the dim sum, desserts, and feeling like a rich kid on the yatch the bridal studio booked for our wedding shoot.

So, now that we were seated in the bridal studio, awaiting the bridal personnel to pick out some gowns for me to try on, it dawned on me that this wedding thing is really taking off man! Just before we headed to Hong Kong, we were busy scouting around jewellery stores like Soo Kee, Lee Hwa, Goldheart, etc to hunt for wedding bands. Oh man, the thought of being a Mrs is kinda weird, eh? Haha.

Tick tock, tick tock. Soon, the bridal personnel came up with 15 gowns which I am supposed to pick 3 (1 for the day shoot, 1 for outdoor studio, 1 for indoor studio). Upon first glance, I thought, hmm they look so so nia. How come they didn't give me the entire selection to pick?! But looking back, I sure am thankful for her providing me with only 15! Seriously a major headache with my 'great' fashion sense! Haha.

I might look chilled in the following pics but before each change, the bridal personnel follows me inside the changing room and mind you, I had to strip down to my underwear and let her help me change. Seriously, I was like some small boy wearing swimming trunks in the swimming complex. But being a professional, I was cool about it, haha so here goes, the stylo Mich:

Day shoot selection


This looks simple, just the way I like it, but the thing is, the ribbon sucks! But no worries, it can be taken off!


Honestly, the ribbon makes me like a pressie. Haha.


Similar design to the one before this, just that the ribbon is smaller. Somehow, the bridal personnel seem to like ribbons alot. Haha.


Oh man, this makes me look pregnant!


Aww, this looks like a middle eastern princess feel eh?

Outdoor shoot selection




Woo, unique dress. Somehow, it looks like the kind of black and white goldfish in the shops you see eh? Haha.


Interesting cupcake design with those powerpuffs.



Ohh, nice design but trust me, I was nearly suffocated to death from the squeezing to fit me into the gown. Seriously, what were those Victorian women thinking?



Ahh, princessy. Machiam some fairytale story. Now, where's my prince?



Looking like a pressie. Haha.

Indoor shoot selection



On 1st look, before trying this gown on, I thought, oh man dark blue, hmm...But I guess it aint looking that bad eh? Cause when I wore it, I thought I was wearing a night sky full of constellations! Unique!



Happy Deevapali, everyone! Haha this is a typical Sari gown man! Honestly, what was the bridal personnel thinking? Or is she secretly a Bollywood fan? ;p



Now, this is an interesting dress with an uncommon colour and design. Hmm...



Ohhh, another goldfish design! Haha pale purple-ish blue. Weird colour.



Pinky Winky is my name! Lalala! Check out how tight the gown is! I am seriously ready to explode out of the gown! HELP!

So how brown cow? After each batch of gown fitting, the bridal personnel would give us both some private time to discuss on which gown we would pick. In between changing from 1 gown to another, she would also give me her honest opinion on which gown fits my style, or how does it look, etc. Very professional, I would say.

So which gown wins? #1 for each category it is. Simple and unique is how I like it! Keke.

The bridal shop once again impressed me with their professional service and efficiency. Within 15mins, all 3 gowns which I selected were tailored according to my measurements! Impressive is the word! The bridal personnel even brought us to the outdoor and indoor studio to let us have a look at their surroundings. It was a Monday night, and the whole place was buzzing with couples selecting photos and taking pictures. Mega $ making company man, with so many carrotheads like us around. Haha.

Now that we have checked off 1 of the items of our to-do list, it was time for some dinner and more National Geographic programs! Woohoo!

No comments: